Almond Butter is a deeply hydrating, spreadable emollient perfect for dry, mature, and winter skin.
Our Almond Butter is a blended mixture of almond oil and hydrogenated vegetable oil which modifies the rheology (flow) and creates a “butter” that is soft and pliable. This highly moisturizing combination is wonderful for dry skin as well as aging skin prone to dryness.
Almond Butter exhibits excellent spreadability on the skin, making it ideal as a massage butter or carrier for skin care products. It adds moisturizing attributes to creams, lotions, bar soaps, and more. This ingredient can be included in formulations or used alone as a moisturizer.
- Category: Butter
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, color cosmetics, hair masks, masks, hair styling products, balms, body scrubs and polishes, soaps, lip balms
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Soft ivory to very pale green solid butter/fat
- Odor: Nearly odorless to light vegetable fat odor
- Derived From: Sweet almonds, palm, and soy
- Part(s) Used: Almond oil from seeds, vegetable oil from palm and soy
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: Argentina, Greece, Italy, Spain
- Method of Extraction: Almond oil is cold pressed, vegetable oil is hydrogenated
- Processing: Almond oil is cold pressed and refined, vegetable oil is hydrogenated, unsaponifiables are collected during the refining process and the two are blended
- Not for internal consumption.
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
- Ultra moisturizing and ideal for dry, mature, and winter skin.
- Neutral odor makes this ingredient easy to add to unscented formulations.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%
Suggested use is 2 - 6% in formulations, but can be used alone at 100% or in much larger quantities depending on the formula.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Prunus amygdalus (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Soft ivory to very pale green
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: ~0.89
- Melting Point: 111 - 129°F
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.