Apricot Kernel Oil
Apricot Kernel Oil is lightweight and absorbent, and this skin-nourishing carrier oil is rich in vitamins as well as oleic and linoleic fatty acids.
An automatic surcharge, determined by UPS, will be charged to all pail orders due to special handling requirements.
Apricot kernel oil comes from the large pits of apricots that can yield up to 45% oil. The oil is similar in weight to human sebum, making it an extremely hydrating carrier oil suitable for a variety of skin types.
Apricot Oil is light with a mild scent like marzipan and has often been used as an emollient in cleansers. Its substitutes are peach and plum oils.
- Category: Carrier oil
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, hair and body oils, balms, conditioners, shampoos, scrubs and polishes
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Clear, light yellow liquid
- Odor: Bland, nearly odorless
- Derived From: Apricot kernels
- Part(s) Used: Kernel
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: Italy or USA
- Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed
- Processing: Refined, bleached, deodorized, and winterized
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%, though we prefer using it at lower percentages to balance fatty acid content.
- Highly absorbent and moisturizing properties make this oil a great option for all skin types, especially when used in formulas intended to soothe and calm the skin.
- Add to any hair care product to help hydrate, support, and maintain the hair. Pair with babassu oil to create a hair-strengthening formula that boosts shine.
- This Apricot Kernel is refined in such a way that all cyanide that can occur naturally in the kernel is removed.
To learn more about the Apricot Oil, check out this article: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25219371/
This product is vegan.
Lead times vary for 55 gallons and up. Learn More
Recommended Usage Rate: 1 - 100%
Apricot Kernel Oil can be added to any skin or hair care product or used by itself to hydrate the skin and hair.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
Apricot Kernel Oil
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Pale yellow
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: 0.91 - 0.92 g/mL
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.