Avocado butter is a rapidly absorbing emollient ideal for dry skin.
- Category: Butters
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, color cosmetics, hair masks, masks, hair styling products, balms, body scrubs and polishes, soaps, lip balms
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Ivory/cream to pale green butter
- Odor: Nearly odorless to light vegetable fat odor
- Derived From: Avocado and palm
- Part(s) Used: Avocado oil from avocado pulp and hydrogenated vegetable oil
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: Chile, Guatemala, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, South Africa
- Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed
- Processing: Expeller pressed, blended
- Not for internal consumption.
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
- Absorbs quickly for a non-greasy, hydrated feel.
- Wonderful for soothing dry, distressed, or winter skin.
This product is vegan.
Melting Point: 104F - 122F
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%
1 - 6% recommended in emulsions, can be used at up to 100% or in much larger quantities depending on the formula.
Suggested Use Levels for:
- Balms: 5%-100%
- Bar Soaps: 3%-6%
- Lotions and Creams: 3%-5%
- Hair Conditioners: 2%-5%
Avocado butter is oil soluble and should be added to the melt phase of your formulation.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Persea Americana (Avocado) Fruit Oil (and) Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Ivory/cream to pale green
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: ~0.89
- Melting Point: 104 - 122°F
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.