Basic Concentrate Cream
A cream concentrate formulated as a versatile base meant to be customized; preserved to receive up to 40% additional ingredients in a ratio proportionate to emulsions.
This luscious and superbly versatile cream concentrate is meant to be customized with additional ingredients. Add to thinner lotions and creams as a thickener; mix with herbal infusions, essential oils, or fragrance oils; or add actives such as vitamins and other additives like physical exfoliators to create a variety of different products.
When adding other products or ingredients to this concentrate, please be sure to maintain standard ratios for emulsions.
- Perfect blank canvas for those with a specific vision
- Versatile and ready for your creative customizations
- Unscented and ready to be customized with your signature scent
- Contains delicate and hydrating Coconut Oil
- Preserved to accepts additional materials/ingredients up to 40%. It is still possible to break the emulsion if the ratio of ingredients is not stable.
- Coconut Oil
- Use as a thickener for thinner lotions and creams, or blend with herbal distillates, infusions, and extracts!
- Incorporate vitamins, direct acids, peptides, retinoids, and antioxidants for premium and spa quality products.
- Add jojoba beads or other physical exfoliators to create a body or facial polish.
- Scent with essential or fragrance oils. Check out our scenting guide for more information.
- We encourage you to order samples and become familiar with a product prior to placing larger orders.
- No Added Gluten
- No Added Phthalates
- No Added Parabens
This product is vegan.
Lead times vary for 55 gallons and up. Learn More
While some of our stock products can be customized with scents, additives, etc., at-home customization should be done at your own risk. We are not liable for formulas that break as a result of customer alterations. Altering cosmetic products is a complex and variable process, and there is not a one size fits all method for the customization of any formula. We encourage you to experiment in small test batches, do outside research before attempting to customize a product, and have your customized product tested at a third party lab to ensure preservation efficacy. If you want to customize our products and are unsure about doing it on your own, we recommend exploring our in-house customization services.
IMPORTANT: This cream is a concentrate and should never be used without additions. It has been specifically preserved to receive up to 40% additional materials/ingredients without compromising the preservation system, but be careful not to break the emulsion by adding 30% of oils, for example. Work to maintain a standard emulsion in terms of the ratio of ingredients, or add an existing cream or lotion to this in small amounts to test stability.
With that said, preservation should always be properly tested prior to going to market with a new product, and we cannot make guarantees regarding preservation once additions or alterations have been made outside our facility.
Directions for use:
The Basic Concentrate gives you the opportunity to be creative and make your own cream or lotion. The preservative system is formulated to receive up to 40% additional ingredients, therefore this concentrate should never be applied to the skin without additional ingredients. This would be deionized water, oils, butters, fragrances and glycerin or alcohol based extracts, and other additives. Deionized water would include distillates, floral waters, hydrosols and herbal extracts. Aim to keep the formula stable by adding proportionate amounts of ingredients that make a standard emulsion.
For example, if you add 10% of an oil, you also need to add additional emulsifier – probably about 1% -2% to make the cream stable again depending on your oil choice.
For best results, add the water and oil phases (not including essential oils and fragrance oils) hot at 140° F. As the product cools it must be vigorously stirred to prevent separation. For best results use a high shear mixer such as a stick/immersion blender. Add any essential or fragrances oils once product is cooled.
Package true to your brand's aesthetic in appropriate packaging for your end products viscosity.
Water, Coconut Oil*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer.
Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer.
Not for internal consumption. Pregnant or lactating people consult a doctor prior to use. Discontinue if irritation occurs.
- Preservation system: Phenoxyethanol & Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
- Color: White to off-white