Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin and Sorbic Acid (Special Purchase)
A highly effective broad spectrum preservative that can be easily added to a variety of formulations. Composed of Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin and Sorbic Acid.
- Category: Preservative
- Ingredient Function: Preservative
- Used in: Creams, lotions, serums, body butters, gels, color cosmetics, hair styling products, lipstick/gloss/balm, makeup removers, powders, toners, shampoos, conditioners
- Solubility: Slightly water soluble, oil soluble
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid
- Odor: Bland, faint odor
- Derived From: Salicylic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, and Sorbic Acid are of synthetic/petroleum origin.
Glycerin is derived from Soybeans
- Part(s) Used: Salicylic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, and Sorbic Acid: N/A
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: USA
- Method of Extraction: Ingredients homogenized together
- Processing: Mixed and homogenized, filtered
- Also known as Geogard ECT
- A full spectrum preservative that can be added to your formula alone without need for a co-preservative.
- Has a wide pH compatibility range of ~3-8pH for formula flexibility.
- Can be used in a wide variety of skin and haircare products.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 0.6 - 1%
Benzyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Glycerin and Sorbic Acid (aka Geogard ECT) can be added directly to a formula fairly easily after the emulsion phase of the formula. It is recommended that this preservative be added at a temperature of 113°F or under.
This ingredient has a wide pH compatibility of 3 - 8 once included in a formula. We always recommend sending formulations to a 3rd party lab for the preservation system efficacy to be tested.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: 1.09 - 1.12
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.