Castor Oil is a versatile carrier oil that is deeply moisturizing and especially beneficial in skin and hair products meant for serious hydration.
- Category: Carrier oil
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, hair and body oils, balms, serums, conditioners, shampoos, scrubs and polishes
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Clear, very pale yellow to colorless liquid
- Odor: Nearly odorless
- Derived From: Castor beans
- Part(s) Used: Seeds
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: India
- Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed
- Processing: Expeller pressed, refined, bleached
- A great superstar ingredient to include in hair care lines for curly hair and often used in lipstick.
- Can be used on the hair and skin as a restorative moisturizing treatment. Consider applying Castor Oil to the hair as a pre-shampoo mask.
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
- Alternate Name: Palma Christi Oil
This product is vegan.
Lead times vary for 55 gallons and up. Learn More
Recommended Usage Rate: 1 - 100%
Castor Oil can be added to any skin or hair care product or used by itself to hydrate the skin and hair.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Ricinus communis (Castor) Seed Oil
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Pale yellow to colorless
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: 0.95 - 0.96 g/mL
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.