Cedar Red Illite Clay
Cedar Red Illite Clay is a highly absorbent, purifying clay with a beautiful aurburn color.
Cedar Red Illite Clay is a mildly exfoliating, highly absorbent ingredient ideal for purifying, cleansing, and balancing oily or chaotic skin. The small particle size of this clay allows for maximum absorbency. Its burnt sienna hue makes it a great option for use in natural foundations and mineral makeups.
Cedar Red Illite Clay can also be added to formulas to help increase the spreadability or add a mildly exfoliating texture.
This clay is highly versatile, and can be used in deep cleansing hair products as well as dry shampoos, cleansing creams and gels for the face, and, of course, mud masks. This clay is effective in dry or hydrated products, but is especially easy to work with in powdered skincare products since no preservative is needed in a dry formulation.
Despite color variations, Illite Clays are all very similar to each other in terms of skin benefits. If you are looking for Illite Clay, feel free to pick the color that best suits your formulation.
- Category: Clays
- Ingredient Function: Mild exfoliant, bulking agent, absorbent
- Used in: Powder masks and muds, soaps, cleansers, gels, creams, serums, hair masks, purifying shampoos, color cosmetics
- Solubility: Insoluble in water and oil
- Appearance: Fine burnt sienna to auburn powder
- Odor: Nearly odorless
- Derived From: Buff clay ore
- Part(s) Used: Milled particles
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: Spain
- Method of Extraction: Mined
- Processing: Quarry extracted, crumbled, milled, micronized
- Cedar Red Illite Clay can be used at 100% with water or another liquid of your choice (juice, tea, distillates, etc.) and applied as a face or body mask for spa or personal use.
- Include in cleansing creams and gels to add a mildly exfoliating texture and purifying properties to your product.
- Cedar Red Illite Clay's beautiful auburn hue makes it a great choice for use in mineral makeup and color cosmetics.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate:
- Powder masks and muds: 1 - 100% or 30 - 50% depending on the inclusion of other powders or clays
- Facial or body masks included in emulsions or suspensions: 5 - 30%
- Facial or body cleansers, soaps, etc.: 2 - 20%
Cedar Red Illite Clay can be incorporated in both powdered and hydrated products. In both cases, it can be stirred in, or high shear mixed in hydrated products. All hydrated formulations that contain clay will need a suspending agent to prevent the clay from sinking to the bottom.
Please also note that clay can be difficult to preserve. A full spectrum preservative is recommended in any hydrated product containing clay. We always recommend sending formulations to a 3rd party lab for the preservation system efficacy to be tested.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
Cedar Red Illite Clay
International Nomenclature (INCI):
WARNINGS & TECH SPECS
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
Wear a dust mask when handling fine powders.
- Color: burnt sienna to auburn
- pH: N/A
- Specific Gravity: N/A
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.