Cupuacu Butter is a versatile butter wonderful for nourishing dry skin and hair.
An automatic surcharge, determined by UPS, will be charged to all pail orders due to special handling requirements.
Incredibly versatile, with a highly nourishing profile that is rich with antioxidants, plant polyphenols and essential fatty acids, this unbelievably rich and creamy natural butter helps to boost hydration levels and rejuvenate dry, dull thinning skin, making it a perfect choice for lotions, creams and body butters. It also helps to soften lips and smooth and moisturize brittle, damaged hair, returning natural shine, body and bounce.
Cupuacu Butter is pressed from the seeds of the Cupuacu tree, a fruit tree of the chocolate family (It is related to cacao), which is native to the northern Amazon.
Cupuacu is hydrophilic (water loving) in nature, so it has a great ability to help retain water and guard against moisture loss. It is similar to cocoa butter, though softer and creamier; it is often used in similar applications.
It is an excellent vegan alternative to lanolin, offering superior hydration, without the risk of skin sensitization issues often associated with lanolin. Cupuacu Butter a great choice for formulas designed to help moisturize, sooth, smooth and soften from top to bottom.
- Category: Butters
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, color cosmetics, hair masks, masks, hair styling products, balms, body scrubs and polishes, soaps, lip balms
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Ivory to white waxy flakes
- Odor: Mild, sweet aroma
- Derived From: Cupuacu seeds
- Part(s) Used: Seeds
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: Brazil
- Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed
- Processing: Expeller pressed, filtered, steam injected
- Not for internal consumption.
- Perfect for creating whipped butters and heavy creams with a rich, decadent texture.
- A wonderful vegan alternative to lanolin.
- Deep hydration and antioxidant content makes Cupuacu Butter a great superstar ingredient in product lines for dry and mature skin.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%
1 - 20% is recommended for emulsions, can be used at up to 100%
- For creams and lotions: 2% - 5%
- Water-in-oil body butters/creams: 2% - 10%
- Salves and balms: 2% - 20%
- Conditioners: 1% - 3%
Cupuacu Butter is oil soluble and should be added to the melt phase of your formulation. Suitable for most skin types, especially dry, mature.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Theobroma grandiflorum seed butter
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.