Decyl Glucoside is a natural, non-ionic, sugar derived surfactant perfect for creating gentle foaming products.
- Category: Surfactant
- Ingredient Function: Surfactant, foam booster, viscosity builder
- Used in: Cleansers, body washes, soaps, baby products, bubble baths
- Solubility: Water soluble
- Appearance: Clear colorless to yellow clear viscous liquid
- Odor: Nearly odorless to slight characteristic odor
- Derived From: Coconut and/or RSPO palm
- Part(s) Used: Glucose derived from coconut and/or RSPO palm
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: USA
- Method of Extraction: Transacetalization
- Processing: Transacetalization, distillation, bleaching
- Add to natural and sulfate free shampoos and cleansers for rich, effective suds.
- Add to foaming products as a dual thickener and surfactant.
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
This product is vegan.
Lead times vary for 55 gallons and up. Learn More
Recommended Usage Rate: 2 - 10%
Decyl Glucoside can be added to the hot or cold water phase of your formulation. Decyl Glucoside will have thickening properties which can be counteracted with salt if desired.
The target pH of your final formula should be between 3 - 5 for optimal efficacy.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Colorless to yellowish
- pH: 11.5 - 12.5
- Specific Gravity: ~1.1
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.