Hazelnut Oil is a carrier oil with high levels of catechins and tannins, at once moisturizing and astringent, making it a wonderful toning emollient to add to formulations for oily or distressed skin.
Refined Hazelnut Oil contains a high content of catechins and tannins (healthy flavonoids), making this oil a “dry” or “astringent” oil that feels smooth and toning on the skin and doesn't leave greasy residue behind.
Hazelnut Oil has a nutty, sweet aroma, and is suitable for all skin types but is especially beneficial for hydrating oily and stressed skin.
- Category: Carrier oil
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, hair and body oils, balms, serums, scrubs and polishes
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Clear colorless to pale yellow liquid
- Odor: Lightly nutty/sweet
- Derived From: Hazelnuts
- Part(s) Used: Kernel
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed
- Processing: Refined, bleached, deodorized, winterized
- Take advantage of Hazelnut Oil's astringent properties by adding it to a shaving oil or a formulation for oily or teenage skin.
- Add Hazelnut Oil as a base to help lighten up heavier oils in your formulation. Adding a fast absorbing carrier oil can help cut back on greasy residue left behind by slower absorbing oils and butters.
Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
Click this link to learn more about Hazelnut Oil: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19291034/
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1 - 100%
Hazelnut Oil can be added to any skin or hair care product or used by itself to hydrate the skin and hair.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Corylus Avellana (Hazelnut) Oil
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: 0.91 - 0.92 g/mL
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.