Hemp Seed Butter
Hemp seed butter is a moisturizing butter with a relatively dry, non-greasy feel on the skin.
Hemp Seed Butter is valued for use in skincare products due to its high content of essential fatty acids. It has a relatively dry, non-greasy feel feel, yet is a highly effective emollient.
Hemp Seed Butter is produced from the oil of expeller pressed seeds of the Hemp plant. This oil is then blended with hydrogenated vegetable oil to modify the rheology (flow) to create a “butter” which is soft and pliable. This butter has a fairly strong, herbaceous aroma.
- Category: Butters
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, color cosmetics, hair masks, masks, hair styling products, balms, body scrubs and polishes, soaps, lip balms
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Yellow to greenish fatty butter
- Odor: Fairly strong characteristic herbal hemp aroma
- Derived From: Hemp plant and palm
- Part(s) Used: Hemp seeds and hydrogenated palm oil
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: USA
- Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed
- Processing: Expeller pressed and blended with hydrogenated vegetable oil
- Not for internal consumption.
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
- A great superstar ingredient in CBD-focused lines to add emolliency.
- Leaves a dry, non-greasy feel behind on the skin while still being highly moisturizing.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%
1 - 6% is recommended for emulsions, but can be used alone at 100% or at much higher percentages
Hemp Butter is oil soluble and should be added to the melt phase of your formulation.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
Hemp Seed Butter
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Yellow to greenish
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: ~1
- Melting Point: 104 - 126°F
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.