Honeysuckle Natural Fragrance Oil
A fragrance oil that captures the delicate floral scent of honeysuckle, created entirely from plant material through a fractional distillation process.
Honeysuckle Natural Fragrance Oil is a wonderful way to add the scent of honeysuckle to your products without introducing harmful chemicals into your formula.
This strong, deeply sweet fragrance oil is quite heady, but disperses relatively quickly in formulas. It has notes that are both floral and honey-like, and blends well as a middle note with other floral and citrus scents.
A note on fragrance oils: Many natural skin and hair care formulators have steared clear of fragrance oils, as they have previously only been available derived from petroleum or synthetic chemicals. However, our fragrance oils are natural and derived completely from plant material.
The process used is called fractional distillation, which is the process of separating chemical compounds. Fractional distillation uses the different boiling points of each compound to separate or isolate the exact molecules that contain the scent desired. The process is similar to essential oil distillation, except that fractional distillation uses different temperatures at different times to reach the necessary boiling point for each compound. These compounds are then blended to create the desired scent.
- Category: Fragrance oils
- Ingredient Function: Scenting
- Used in: Hair and body oils, conditioners, lotions, creams, masks, scrubs, body polishes, shampoos, perfumes, body and room sprays
- Solubility: Oil soluble, alcohol soluble
- Appearance: Pale yellow to yellow oily liquid
- Odor: Sweet, floral, and heady with notes of honey
- Derived From: Plant material
- Part(s) Used: Scent molecules isolated from plant material
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: USA
- Method of Extraction: Fractional distillation
- Processing: Proprietary fractional distillation process
- Not for internal consumption.
- A bright sweet scent ideal for products aimed at teens and more.
- A wonderful natural alternative to synthetic fragrance oils.
- Start with small test batches when determining the proper scenting percentage for your formulation. Record the percentage of essential oil added to each test batch, and use that data to scent your final product.
- Perfect for adding scents to products that essential oils can't provide.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1 - 3%
There are basic guidelines for scenting bulk bases with Essential Wholesale & Labs fragrance oils. It is best to begin by scenting a small portion of the base with a low percentage of fragrance oil and to increase until you reach your desired intensity of aroma.
Proper scenting requires some skill and discretion. Over-scenting can ruin a base. Shampoos and Gels in particular will liquefy if over-scented and are very challenging to fix. Remember you can always add more but you can't remove the excess. Small test batches are recommended.
Please note that fragrance oils are not ideal for making bar soap, as the fragrance tends to disappear.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
Honeysuckle Natural Fragrance Oil
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.