Kokum Butter is a versatile butter with stabilizing and nourishing properties.
- Category: Butters
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, color cosmetics, hair masks, masks, hair styling products, balms, body scrubs and polishes, soaps, lip balms
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Off-white to tan waxy butter
- Odor: Nearly odorless to light vegetable fat odor
- Derived From: Kokum seeds
- Part(s) Used: Seeds or fruit kernels
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: India
- Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed
- Processing: Expeller pressed, filtered, refined, bleached, deodorized
- High oxidative stability makes Kokum Butter a great ingredient to add to and help and help stabilize emulsions.
- A great replacement for many synthetic emollient enhancers.
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%
1 - 20% is recommended for emulsions, can be used at up to 100%
Kokum Butter is oil soluble and should be added to the melt phase of your formulation.
Kokum is a relatively hard butter and can become more pliable when combined with other ingredients.
Please note this is a dry and flaky butter on its own.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Garcinia indica (Kokum) Butter
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Off-white to tan
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: ~0.89
- Melting Point: 98 - 104°F
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.