Lactic Acid 88%
Lactic Acid is a gentle alpha hydroxy acid manufactured by fermentation of non-GMO corn.
An automatic surcharge, determined by UPS, will be charged to all pail orders due to special handling requirements.
Lactic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that provides gentle exfoliation to reveal bright skin with a boosted youthful glow. This vegan version is manufactured by fermentation of non-GMO corn derived carbohydrates. It is often used as a gentler alternative to Glycolic Acid and is often used in products for teenage skin.
It can be used as a pH adjuster and also works well in formulas with ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid that promote hydration.
Please Note: Do not apply directly on to skin undiluted. Must be diluted for safety.
- Category: Additive, Acid, exfoliant
- Ingredient Function: Acid exfoliator
- Used in: Lotions, creams, serums, conditioners, shampoos, soaps, scrubs and polishes, cleansers, exfoliants, toners, gels, masks
- Solubility: Water soluble
- Appearance: Colorless to pale yellow clear mobile liquid
- Odor: Nearly odorless
- Derived From: Non-GMO corn derived carbohydrates
- Part(s) Used: N/A
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: France
- Method of Extraction: Non-GMO fermentation
- Processing: Fermented
- Ideal in products focused on teenage or oily skin, or any aged skin that needs refreshing.
- Also great for mature skincare lines designed to brighten, refersh, and rejuvenate the skin.
- A slightly gentler alternative to Glycolic Acid, more suitable for skin types on the sensitive side.
- This lactic acid solution is in water and ready to add to the water phase for a final percentage of 1-10%.
Read this article to learn more about Lactic Acid for cosmetic use: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/8784274/
Understanding Acids in Skincare
Working with Lactic Acid and Other AHAs
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1 - 10%
Lactic Acid is water soluble and can be added to the water phase of a formulation.
Our Lactic Acid solution should never be used neat, as it can be very irritating to the skin at too high a concentration.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
Do not use this product directly on the skin. It must be diluted first.
Lactic Acid 88%
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Lactic Acid, Lactic Acid Lactate, (and) Aqua
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- pH: ~2
- Specific Gravity: 1.0 - 1.3
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.
Do not use undiluted on the skin.