Lactic Acid 88%
Lactic Acid is a gentle alpha hydroxy acid manufactured by fermentation of non-GMO corn.
Lactic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that provides gentle exfoliation to reveal bright skin with a boosted youthful glow. This vegan version is manufactured by fermentation of non-GMO corn derived carbohydrates. It is often used as a gentler alternative to Glycolic Acid and is often used in products for teenage skin.
It can be used as a pH adjuster and also works well in formulas with ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid that promote hydration.
Please Note: Do not apply directly on to skin undiluted. Must be diluted for safety.
- Category: Additive, Acid
- Ingredient Function: Acid exfoliator
- Used in: Cleansers, Serums, Face and Body Creams, Lotions
- Solubility: Soluble in water
- Appearance: Clear thin mobile liquid
- Odor: None noticeable
- Derived From: Fermentation non-GMO corn derived carbohydrates
- Part(s) Used: N/A
- Preserved With: N/A
- Country of Origin: USA
- Method of Extraction: N/A
- Processing: Naturally derived
- Ideal in products focused on teenage or oily skin, or any aged skin that needs refreshing
- This lactic acid solution is in water and ready to add to the water phase for a final percentage of 1-10%
This product is vegan.
In personal care, Lactic Acid is used in the formulation of cleansers, splashes, serums, and creams.
Use at a final rate of 1-10%
Do not use this product directly on the skin. It must be diluted first.
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
Do not use undiluted on the skin.
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.