Olive butter is an olive oil-derived blended butter with a texture and behavior similar to that of shea.
Olive butter is created with olive oil and blended with hydrogenated vegetable oil to modify the rheology (flow) and create a soft, pliable butter.
Olive oil inherently contains essential fatty acids, making it a great ingredient for dry, mature, or winter skin. It also contains unsaponifiables in the form of natural waxes/paraffins which are collected during the refining and deodorization process as well as from the production process of squalane.
Olive butter exhibits excellent spreadability on the skin, making it ideal as a massage butter or carrier butter. In cosmetic preparations, the feel and behavior of olive butter is very similar to that of shea butter.
- Category: Butter
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, color cosmetics, hair masks, masks, hair styling products, balms, body scrubs and polishes, soaps, lip balms
- Solubility: Oil soluble
- Appearance: Ivory to pale yellow butter, occasional greenish tint
- Odor: Nearly odorless to light vegetable fat odor
- Derived From: Olives and palm
- Part(s) Used: Olive oil from fruit and vegetable oil from palm
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: Greece, Italy, Spain
- Method of Extraction: Expeller pressed
- Processing: Expeller pressed and blended with hydrogenated vegetable oil
- No for internal consumption.
- Very similar to shea butter in both moisturization and texture.
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
- Perfect for use as a massage butter or carrier butter.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 1 - 100%
Olive butter is oil soluble and should be added to the melt phase of your formulation.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Soft ivory to greenish
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: ~0.89
- Melting Point: 111 - 129°F
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.