Optiphen Plus offers internationally-accepted broad spectrum preservation for a diverse variety of cosmetic formulations.
An automatic surcharge, determined by UPS, will be charged to all pail orders due to special handling requirements.
Optiphen Plus is a broad-spectrum preservative that was developed as an alternative to parabens and formaldehyde for cosmetic formulations. It is globally accepted, making it perfect for beauty brands planning to sell internationally. Broad spectrum preservatives blend both preservatives and chelators to offer the fullest possible coverage for your product.
Optiphen Plus contains Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, and Capryl Glycol. Phenoxyethanol is an ether alcohol used to preserve personal care products, while Sorbic Acid helps to lower pH and functions as a complementary preservative. Caprylyl Glycol is an emollient base, giving the final formula an exceptional feel.
- Category: Preservative
- Ingredient Function: Preservative
- Used in: Lotions, creams, serums, conditioners, shampoos, soaps, scrubs and polishes, cleansers, exfoliants, toners, gels, masks, color cosmetics
- Solubility: Oil soluble, limited water solubility, as Sorbic Acid is not soluble in water
- Appearance: Clear colorless to pale yellow liquid
- Odor: Slight characteristic odor
- Derived From: Synthetically derived
- Part(s) Used: Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Sorbic Acid
- Preserved With: N/A as Optiphen Plus is a preservative
- Country of Origin: USA
- Method of Extraction: Varying extraction methods depending on ingredient
- Processing: Blended
- Optiphen Plus is a wonderful for preserving without the use of parabens or formaldehyde.
- Broad spectrum preservatives mean you can safely preserve your product without needing to experiment with effective preservative and chelator combinations.
- Optiphen Plus is internationally accepted and perfect for use in beauty brands intended to be sold globally.
How to Make a DIY Hibiscus Hydrating Facial Serum with Optiphen Plus
DIY Hyaluronic Acid Winter Lip Serum with Optiphen Plus
DIY Allantoin Serum for Dry Skin Preserved with Optiphen Plus
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 0.75 - 1.5%
Optiphen Plus can be added to any phase of your formulation (before or after emulsification), but should not be heated beyond 176°F.
If adding to lotions or creams, Optiphen Plus' best performance is at 110°F or below. It is most effective in formulations with a pH below 6.0.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Sorbic Acid
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- pH: Not measurable
- Specific Gravity: 1.01 - 1.02
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.