Effective as of June 15, 2018
- online at essentialwholesale.com and at our blog at library.essentialwholesale.com (collectively, “Site”);
- through site registration;
- by customer service representatives; and
- by and through emails, social media or other digital platforms, including our digital ads which may be delivered on third-party websites (collectively, “Internet Marketing Platforms”). (collectively, “Services”).
- the types of information we and our Providers collect;
- how we collect, use and secure this information;
- when we share this information with third parties, including relevant Providers; and
- choices you can make about how we collect and use certain information.
If you would prefer to make your purchase by telephone rather than on our Site, please call us at 1-866-252-9639. An EWL Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you.
K. Contact EWL
1. Personal Information and Non-Personal Information
We collect various types of information about and related to you. In general, we may collect and store “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information”.
Personal Information is information that reveals your specific identity or directly relates to you as an individual. Personal Information we collect may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number, credit and debit card information (and related payment information), account username and password.
Non-Personal Information is information that does not reveal your specific identity and does not directly relate to you as an individual. Non-Personal Information we may collect include demographic information (such as gender, date of birth and ZIP code), lifestyle information, personal interests, brand and product preferences, sizing preferences, browser and device information and geographical location.
2. Automatically Collected Information
Automatically Collected Information includes information such as:
- Technical information, like your IP (internet protocol) address, the type of browser, device or hardware you are using, including device model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Your interactions with certain Services, like how you use our Site and Internet Marketing Platforms, including the time you spend on these Services, the way you navigate through these Services and search terms you enter when using these Services.
- Your interactions with the ads we serve, including through your interaction with our content presented on a third-party website or mobile application.
- Your geo-location, including the precise location of your device.
To learn about the types of Customer Information we collect using cookies and other automated information collection and tracking technologies for interest-based advertising purposes, please click HERE to review our Interest-Based Ads Policy.
3. Combining Customer Information
We may combine Customer Information we collect and obtain from different sources, including across devices. This means we may combine Personal Information with additional Personal Information or Non-Personal Information, including Automatically Collected Information. For example, we may:
- combine information about your transactions with information concerning your interactions with our Site and Internet Marketing Platforms.
- combine information that we collect about you over time from the different devices you use to access our Site and Internet Marketing Platforms.
- combine additional information about you we obtain from third parties with information we already have about you.
When combined, Customer Information may identify you as an individual and may be used to associate you with your use of our Services. When we combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
1. Information Collection
We collect Customer Information related to you:
- from you when you provide such information to us.
- through technology-enabled collection and tracking services that allow us to automatically collect certain information when you use our Site or interact with our emails, social media or advertisements on our Site or other websites.
- from third party sources, including vendors who perform a business, professional or technical support functions for us.
- Information You Provide Us
We receive Customer Information from you when you use our Services, such as when you:
- create a customer account on our Site.
- place an order with us (by phone or online at our Site).
- register for a free trial Sports Illustrated subscription in Retail Stores at the point-of-sale
- submit content you create on our Site and through our Internet Marketing Platforms, such as by liking a product or
- posting a product review on our Site (“User Contribution”).
- participate in customer research and surveys.
- participate in promotions we offer.
- subscribe for communications from us, such as promotional emails.
- contact us through any method, including by phone, email, web, chat and fax.
- use a third party website or mobile application (such as a social media platform) in connection with our Services.
2. Information from Technology-Enabled Collection Services
We receive Automatically Collected Information about you when you use our Services where automated information collection and tracking technologies have been employed by us or by our Providers, such as:
- when you interact with our Site on any device.
- when you interact with our Internet Marketing Platforms, including email advertisements or digital ads delivered on a third-party website.
- when you interact directly with our Providers or with other websites, mobile applications or companies that these providers also work with.
Automatically Collected Information may be collected over time. Automated information collection and tracking technologies that we primarily use in association with our Site and Internet Marketing Platforms include cookies, web beacons, locally stored identifiers and certain social media tools, like social media widgets. We may use other technologies that are similar to, or serve similar purposes, as these technologies.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your browser. Cookies, and other similar technologies, allow our Site and App to identify you and to remember things like your preferences for browsing the Site or App.
We use session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for as long as your browser remains open. We use session cookies, for example, to manage items added to your shopping bag. We use persistent cookies to give you a more personalized shopping experience and help you navigate our Site and App more efficiently. Persistent cookies do not go away when you exit your browser. Persistent cookies are stored until they expire or until you delete the cookie. You may not be able to delete some persistent cookies, even through your browser option tools.
We use functional cookies and analytical cookies. Functional cookies recognize you as you return to our Site and enable us to store information about your preferences. Functional cookies include, for example, cookies that allow you to log-in, use the Wish List or store products in a shopping cart. Functional cookies must be enabled on the Site to function and for you to use these Services. Analytical cookies analyze how you interact with our Site, App and Internet Marketing Platforms. Analytical cookies also may be used to analyze how you interact with other websites and mobile applications.
We use first-party cookies and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are set by us on our Site and App and can only be used to capture information about your use of the Site or App. Third-party cookies may be set by our Providers on our Site or App. For example, we may hire a third-party analytics company that sets their own cookie to our Site to perform web performance analytics services for us. Third-party cookies may also be set up by our Providers on content we deliver on other websites or mobile applications. These cookies may have the capability of tracking your interaction with and across different websites and mobile applications.
Web Beacons or Tags
Web beacons (also known as pixel tags, tracking pixels or clear GIFs) are small image files embedded on our Site and Internet Marketing Platforms (such as promotional emails). Web beacons are used to monitor your interactions with these Services. Web beacons may also be used to measure the effectiveness of these Services and for security and fraud prevention services. Web beacons may be used together with cookies.
Social Media Widgets
Our Site may include social media tools, including social media widgets, to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Services. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
Hardware IDs are unique identification numbers or character strings associated with a specific device. Hardware IDs are permanently associated with a device. Hardware IDs may be used to track use of a device, such as by tracking use of mobile application(s) installed on such device.
3. Information from Third-Party Sources
We may receive Customer Information about you from third-party sources, such as:
Our business partners, including online advertising networks and companies that may we engage to host or co-sponsor our promotions.
Social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram (subject to your registration and privacy settings for such third-party social media platforms).
- carriers, concerning your shipping information.
- service providers who help us update, enhance, improve and/or analyze our records and data, including Customer Information records.
- service providers who perform marketing and research services for us.
- service providers who help us detect fraud or theft.
- service providers who provide us feedback about the performance and effectiveness of our Site and Internet Marketing Platforms.
- service providers who provide legally obtained information to supplement what we already know about you.
We may use Customer Information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you our products and services
- To communicate with you
- For marketing, promotions and advertising (including interest-based advertising)
- For our internal operations
- For fraud prevention, security and legal compliance
Examples of how we use Customer Information for these purposes are listed below. Please note that we may use information that does not specifically identify you or your device(s) without restriction.
1. To Provide You our Products and Services
- Establish and service your customer account on our Site
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments and returns or exchanges of products and/or services we offer and communicate with you about these transactions
- Enable certain functionalities on our Site (for example, shopping carts)
- Customize content you see on our Site based on your preferences
- Provide customer service
2. To Communicate with You
- Communicate with you regarding your transactions with us, including purchases, orders, payments and returns or exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services on our Site or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you to deliver customer service through our Customer Care center or on social media or Internet chat platforms
3. For Marketing, Promotions and Advertising (including Interest-Based Advertising)
- Personalize your experiences with us through our Services, such as by identifying your product and shopping preferences
- Deliver coupons, emails and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the Site and Internet Marketing Platforms, such as product reviews
- Send communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer surveys, promotions and focus groups
- Organize local community events and promotions
- Provide personalized communications and services across all channels and platforms, including by personalizing our advertising, marketing communications, shopping experiences and promotional offers
We participate in interest-based advertising, which is also known as online behavioral advertising. We work with third-party advertising companies and networks to display ads through third party websites or mobile applications. These ads are tailored to your individual interests based on how you use our Services, including how you browse and shop on our Site.
Please click HERE to review our Interest-Based Ads Policy.
4. For our Internal Operations
- Analyze the performance and effectiveness of our Services, including by analyzing visitor interaction with our Site
- Measure the performance of our different marketing efforts
- Develop new services to enhance the customer experience with our Services
- Maintain our programs, accounts and records, including our Customer Information records
- Conduct research and analytics related to our operations
- Perform logistics and other operation and business activities
5. For Fraud Prevention, Security and Legal Compliance
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal
- Protect the security and integrity of our Services and data relating to such Services, including Customer
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of EWL and our employees, customers and others
- Assist law enforcement and respond to legal and/or regulatory inquirAs we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law
In general, we do not share your Customer Information with third parties for their marketing or advertising purposes (except that we may share your Customer Information with our affiliates for such purposes).
We may share Customer Information we collect with third parties for other purposes, such as in the following ways:
- Internally. Within EWL.
- With our Providers. To companies who perform a business, professional or technical support function for us, including services for improving our products and services and our delivery of products and services to you. Such services include, for example, mobile marketing services, analytics, call center/chat services, payment processing, data enhancement, fraud prevention and shipping services.
- With social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram through social media widgets and other tools used in connection with our Site, which may be deployed by our Providers (for example, tools for you to share content on our Site with your friends and followers on social media).
- To comply with the law. To comply with applicable law or reasonable requests for information based on governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or a similar related action.
- To protect ourselves. To enforce our policies and agreements, to protect our or others’ rights, property or safety, to prevent or mitigate the risk of harm or loss, in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity or in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute.
- With successors to all or part of our business. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, bankruptcy or similar event.
- At your direction. At your direction or request or when you otherwise consent. For example, when you post a product review on our Site, the post may include Personal Information and it may be made public in the product review section of the Site.
We strive to offer you choices about how we collect and use Customer Information relating to you. Please be aware that disallowing certain data collection may limit the usefulness of our Services, including our Site. Your choices include the following:
1. Postal Mail, Text Messages and Emails
From time to time, we may communicate with you for promotional purposes through postal mail, emails and text messages. Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry and for transactional purposes (for example, sales confirmations, order fulfillment, shipping notifications and account maintenance).
Postal Mail. To opt-out of receiving catalogs, coupons and other promotional postal mail, you may call us at 1-866-252-9639. A EWL Customer Care representative will be happy to assist you. Please allow a reasonable period of time for your request to be removed from our promotional mailing contact list to be made effective.
Emails. To opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us and to unsubscribe from future promotional emails, you may use the “Unsubscribe Link” included within a promotional email. Please allow a reasonable period of time for your request to be removed from our email contact list to be made effective.
2. Social Media Platforms
To understand what choices you have about sharing your information when using social media platforms and networks in connection with certain Services, we encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the corresponding social media platforms and networks.
We work with the following Providers who use tracking technologies to provide services that analyze information regarding visits to our Site. The information generated by these providers are subject to their privacy policies. However, instructions for opting out of such tracking are provided by each of our Providers:
4. Interest-Based Advertising
If you set your device to disable all cookies, certain Services cannot be provided to you and you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features we offer on our Site and App.
Opting out of tracking on one device, browser or app applies to that specific device, browser or app. To opt out of tracking on other devices, browsers or apps, you must opt out from those other devices, browsers or apps specifically.
If you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out of certain tracking, you may need to opt out again.
If you opt-out of tracking by technologies used for interest-based advertising purposes, you will not have opted out of all advertising. You may still see our content, including advertisements, but they will not be tailored specifically to you based on information collected through these tracking technologies.
Some automated information collection and tracking technologies are necessary and vital to ensuring that we can fulfill your transactions with us and to maintain the security, safety and integrity of our Sites and Services. These technologies may still be enabled on our Site even if you opt-out of tracking by similar technologies used for interest-based advertising purposes.
If you want to opt out of tracking by all of our Providers’ automated information collection and tracking technologies used for interest-based advertising purposes, you should take each of the steps below.
Manage Cookies on Browsers. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Your browser settings or other resources may provide instructions on browser functionalities that allow you to manage cookies (for example, instructions on how to set up your device to limit the kinds of cookies that can be placed on your device, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to not receive cookies at any time). Certain options available to you are browser and device specific. Please note:
If you opt-out of automated information collection and tracking technologies used for interest-based advertising purposes, disabling all or some cookies through your browsers or updating your browser after you opted-out may override your opt-out election. Should this occur, you will need to opt-out again.
Tracking Technologies for Interest-Based Advertising. We work with Providers who use their own automated information collection and tracking technologies on our Site, App and Internet Marketing Platforms, including our content delivered on other websites or mobile applications. These companies may collect information about your activity on our Site and App, your interactions with our advertising and other communications and your interactions with other websites or mobile applications. These companies may use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and mobile applications. These technologies and the information collected about you may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices. If you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertisements:
Some of our Providers participate in self-regulatory programs for interest-based advertising through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). Each of these programs provides an opt-out feature where you can choose not to receive targeted advertising from any NAI member or DAA participant.
To opt-out of tracking by our Providers who are NAI members, please click HERE.
To opt-out of tracking by our Providers who are DAA participants, please click HERE.
To learn about your choices on our use of your Customer Information for interest-based advertising purposes, please click HERE to review our Interest-Based Ads Policy.
Mobile Tracking Technologies for Interest-Based Advertising. Most modern mobile operating systems provide mobile advertising identifiers for mobile devices. These identifiers are commonly used to help enable digital advertising across mobile applications. Your mobile operating system may allow you to limit use of mobile advertising identifiers for interest-based advertising. For more information, please review the instructions provided by your mobile device manufacturer or click HERE to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s informational page on advertising choice mechanisms for mobile devices.
Click HERE to learn about the Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app, a tool for opting out of the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising by participating service providers. You may download the AppChoices app HERE for iOS devices and HERE for Android devices.
If you have registered an account on our Site, you may access and update certain Personal Information that you have provided us by logging into your account and making such changes. If you update your account or if you request we deactivate your account, we may not delete residual copies from our servers and may not remove information associated with the prior version(s) or deactivated account.
Our Security Practices. We use a variety of administrative, contractual, technical and physical controls and safeguards to help protect your Customer Information from loss and unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, destruction or similar risks. However, no control or safeguard can completely guarantee that such information is completely secure. As a matter of policy, we do not disclose details regarding our security measures as this could be beneficial information to criminals and other bad actors.
Your Security Practices. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or use.
We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and Personal Information, including by doing the following:
- Review your EWL account periodically and immediately report any unexpected activity or unrecognized information
- Install the latest security updates and antivirus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses
- Use complex passwords and not using the same password on more than one Site
- Password protect your computer and mobile device
- Do not share your passwords with others
- Sign out/log off Site sessions to close your session
You may come into contact with emails, texts or mobile alerts that look like they originate from us asking for your Personal Information. For your protection, do not respond to such communications or click on links or open any files attached to such suspicious, unsolicited communications. If you receive such a communication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org immediately so that we may investigate the suspicious activity.
We provide our Services in the United States. Customer Information we collect is primarily stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States or U.S. Territory, by using our Services, you understand and agree that we may transfer your Personal Information to and within the United States. Our Site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protections as those laws in your country.
Third Party Links
If we offer you a link to connect to a third-party website, it is for your convenience. Third-party websites linked to and from our Site, App and Internet Marketing Platforms are not necessarily under our control and we have no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of any such linked website or service. We recommend you read the privacy policies of those parties to understand how your information is handled, processed or shared. In addition, you may have visited our Site or App through a link or banner advertisement on another website or mobile application. In these cases, the website you linked from may collect information from you if click on the link or banner advertisement. You may want to refer to the privacy policies of the operators of those websites or banner advertisements to understand how your information is handled, processed or shared.
Do Not Track Signals
Privacy of Children Under 13
You must be 13 years old or older to submit Personal Information to us, including to register an account or place an order on the Site. Our Site and other Services are intended for a general audience and are not targeted to or intended for use by children. While we sell skincare products for children, these products are intended to be purchased by adults. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think that your child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us so that we can take steps to delete his or her Personal Information.
California Privacy Rights.
Under California’s Shine the Light law, if you are a California resident, you may request and obtain (free of charge) information regarding our disclosure of your personal information (as defined by applicable law) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of those third parties with which we shared your information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you would like to make such a request please contact us.
Under California’s Online Eraser Law, if you are a California resident who is under 18 years old and are a registered user of our Site, you may request and obtain removal of, content or information that you have posted on our Site. A request to remove content or information posted by you does not ensure or require complete or comprehensive removal of such content or information from our databases (for example, content that has been reposted by another user may not be removable). If you would like to make such a request please contact us.
You may come into contact with emails, texts or mobile alerts that look like they originate from us asking for your Personal Information. For your protection, do not respond to such communications or click on links or open any files attached to such suspicious, unsolicited communications. If you receive such a communication, please email us at email@example.com immediately so that we may investigate the suspicious activity.
Essential Wholesale & Labs
2211 NW Nicolai St.,
Portland, OR 97210