Shea Butter (Certified Organic)
An exceptionally moisturizing organic butter with smoothing and softening properties for the skin and hair.
Vegan - No Added Parabens - No Added Phthalates - No Added Gluten - No Added Palm
Organic Shea Butter is a highly nourishing ingredient perfect for use in lotions, creams, balms, hair conditioning/styling products, and even for use on its own as a moisturizer.
Shea Butter is great for a variety of skin types, and it is especially beneficial for dry or winter skin, and can be used to moisturize rough or dry patches year round. Shea Butter is one of the most common and versatile butters that can help protect the skin from moisture loss while improving dryness.
While typically used on the skin, Organic Shea Butter is also wonderful for the hair, and can be added to shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, and styling products to help add smoothness and shine to dry or frizzy hair. Please note that this variety of Shea Butter can be prone to crystallization. This can be fixed by heating the butter lightly and then cooling rapidly in a freezer or fridge.
- Category: Butter
- Ingredient Function: Emollient
- Used in: Lotions, creams, color cosmetics, hair masks, masks, hair styling products, balms, body scrubs and polishes, soaps, lip balms
- Solubility: Soluble in Oil
- Appearance: Ivory to pale yellow butter
- Odor: Nearly odorless to light vegetable fat odor
- Derived From: Karite tree
- Part(s) Used: Nuts
- Preserved With: No preservative
- Country of Origin: Sourced from Ghana, refined/processed in the Netherlands
- Method of Extraction: Wild collection in Ghana, peeled, boiled, sun dried, cracked, ground, roasted, pressed
- Processing: Wild collection in Ghana, peeled, boiled, sun dried, cracked, ground, roasted, pressed, melted, bleached, filtered, deodorized
- Can be included as an ingredient in skincare formulations or used on the skin at 100%.
- Perfect for use in hair care lines geared toward dry or frizzy hair.
- Ideal for areas of the skin prone to dryness, such as the elbows, hands, and feet.
This product is vegan.
Not for internal consumption.
Additional Information & Resources:
Suggested Use Levels: Lotions & Creams: 3 - 5% Balms: 5% - 100% Bar Soaps: 3 - 6% Conditioners: 2 - 5%
Ingredient Function: Emollient
Solubility: Soluble in hot oil.
INCI: Butyrospermun parkii (Organic Shea) Butter
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Ivory to pale yellow
- pH: N/A
- Specific Gravity: ~0.89
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.
Shea Butter Cream
Starting at $3.95
Cocoa & Shea Soothing Muscle Lotion (Formerly Chocolate Mint Lotion)
Starting at $3.95
Starting at $2.95