A deeply hydrating emollient and antioxidant ideal for dry and mature skin.
An automatic surcharge, determined by UPS, will be charged to all pail orders due to special handling requirements.
Squalane is an incredibly soothing, moisturizing and lightweight oil ideal for use in facial serums and product for maturing skin.
Squalane mimics Squalene, a naturally occurring part of the skin's lipid barrier. Squalane absorbs quickly into the skin, leaving a satiny finish even on oily skin. It is also ideal for adding smoothness and shine to hair.
As we age, our skin's natural Squalene levels decrease, making Squalane a great ingredient to add to mature skincare lines. The primary difference between Squalene and Squalane is that Squalene is not hydrogenated. Squalane is a slightly less powerful antioxidant than Squalene, however, the addition of hydrogen makes Squalane much more stable and easy to work with.
Although Squalene has traditionally been sourced from shark liver, it can also be found in plants, specifically olives, rice bran, and sugarcane. Our Squalane is olive-derived, vegan, and cruelty free, making it both responsibly-sourced and beneficial for the skin.
Learn more about Squalane in our blog, What is Squalane & How to Use it in Skin & Hair Care
Please Note: Individual sizes are filled at the time your order is placed to ensure maximum freshness of product.
- Category: Additive, Carrier Oil
- Ingredient Function: Emollient, Antioxidant
- Used in: Serums, Face and Body Creams, Lotions, Body and Facial Oils, Hair Oils, Perfumes, Color Cosmetics
- Solubility: Soluble in Oil
- Appearance: Clear Colorless Liquid
- Odor: Nearly Odorless
- Derived From: Olives
- Part(s) Used: Unsaponifiable fraction of olive oil
- Preserved With: N/A
- Country of Origin: France
- Method of Extraction: Hydrogenation
- Processing: Hydrogenation, purified
- Can be used as a face or hair serum at 100% if desired
- Lightweight oil is ideal for those with oily or teenage skin
- An ideal hydrating ingredient to add to skincare products geared toward mature skin
- Works well as a dual moisturizer and color dispersing agent in cosmetic products such as lipstick, foundation, cream blush, etc.
- Perfume fixing qualities make Squalane a great ingredient for helping diffuse scent in perfumery.
This product is vegan.
Recommended Usage Rate: 0.5 - 100% (commonly used in formulations between 5 - 15%)
Squalane can be used at up to 100%, but is commonly added to formulations at 5 - 15%. Squalane is oil soluble, and can be added to the oil phase of your formulation.
Due to its low congealing point (-100.4°F), Squalane is a great ingredient to help maintain the appearance and form of cosmetic formulations at low temperatures.
How To Store
Store in a dry, cool place in a tightly closed container. Avoid extreme temperatures or direct sunlight.
International Nomenclature (INCI):
Not for internal consumption. For external use only.
Pregnant or lactating people or those with known medical conditions should consult with a physician prior to using product.
- Color: Clear liquid
- pH: N/A
- Specific Gravity: 0.81 - 0.82
Please note that our suggested usage instructions are intended to serve as a guide. Due to the unique nature of each ingredient, it is important to always research and consult with a qualified professional as needed, prior to use. Usage guidelines can change and you are responsible for adhering to local regulations. EWL cannot be held responsible for any harm caused due to the misuse of these ingredients.